Thursday, May 19, 2011

DIY Day

I would totally consider myself to be a crafty person, and I have been trying to think of ways that I can add that love to the wedding.  There are plenty of Do It Yourself suggestions out there, and today, I wanted to share with you my most recent favorite! 

The Tissue Pomander featured on Project Wedding, which as you can see in my links, is one of my most FAVORITE wedding websites!



I love how fluffy they look... and I cant lie, the green was what originally caught my eye.  The LINK shows you step by step instructions if you are so inclined to give it a try.  I might take a stab at them myself... Here is a little teaser of the process...


The supplies include Styrofoam balls, tissue paper, and wire.  I love that they are made from tissue paper, too.  I have always loved the sound it makes when ruffled, like you are getting presents!!!

The site says they end up costing roughly $2 to $5 dollars to make, which is awesome considering that pomanders made of fresh flowers can run you roughly $20 to $60 depending on the flower choice.

I love how versatile the pomander is, as well... Your adorable flower girls can carry them down the aisle, instead of throwing petals... Or you can drape them over anything that will stand still.  In this picture, courtesy of Australia Entertains, you can see them as centerpieces, hanging overhead or dangling from chairs along the aisle.


I really just love the look as a whole.  I think it adds a cheerful, playful look to even the most elegant wedding, without taking away from the glamour.  The fact that it can be done in any color, any flower, almost any material... Just look at this paper pomander from Fancy Pants Weddings!


I think you get the point!! I love the pomander... there are sooooo many ways that you can make them yourselves, and cheaply as well (which you know I love)... and so many ways that you can integrate them into your big day. 

Look for more fun DIY crafts every Thursday, and you too can live Happily Ever After!! ;-)

Your Bizzy Bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment