Monday, May 23, 2011

My Wedding Monday - Color scheme!

So I decided, before I was even officially engaged (hehe), that I wanted my wedding to be very focused on color.  Green is my favorite color, so I knew that it was going to play a HUGE part.  But then I saw this picture, and the whole schema was discovered...  This picture is courtesy of WeddingFlowers.com


I NEEDED to have purple.  But my green and purple had to be the right shades... not just any green or any purple... Kelly Green to be specific...



And THIS purple (though I wish I had a name for it... I still need to research a name for it)



When my fiance describes our color scheme he says... Think The Joker...



Though i say that the shades are off just a little!!! But I have to be honest, he is one of my favorite villains, so I am ok with it... and I think it helps Johnny appreciate it!!  When I contest the shades, he says... Ok fine, then The Hulk...


Now we're talking... and what is more powerful and bold than the Hulk??? Hello, that's what my colors are... powerful, bold... vibrant!!! I like to call it... Vibrant Irish! ;-)  Or, Iron Fist Zombie...


LOL... though this is the pattern of my reception shoes (a post I will do another time), It's not exactly the right shades either (but I do like it)... Someone suggested Barney, and that is the one that annoys me... cause he is DEFINITELY NOT the right shades, so dont even go there!!!!  Mardi Gras Colors MAYBE... but without the yellow...




Regardless... The right shades are Kelly green, and vibrant puple... and one of these days I will have a name for that purple, and there will never be any confusion again...

So this is them... my colors... my bridesmaids will wear green dresses and carry purple flowers... the groomsmen will wear black with purple vests and ties and wear green boutonnieres... (hopefully, John's in charge of that)... The favors will be purple and green... The save the dates, invites, napkins, etc, will be purple and green...  and I love it!!!

More to come in the next 369 days until the wedding... but whenever you think of this bizzy bride... think purple and green and how I plan to live, Happily Ever After!
Your Bizzy Bride

1 comment: