Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wedding Dress Wednesday - Judd Waddell

EDIT at the bottom!!!

Today, my favorite blog day, I would like to highlight a fabulous designer, Judd Waddell.  Architecture student turned fashion designer, Judd has worked for Carolina Herrera, created the "Occasions" bridesmaids line for Jim Hjelm, was Design Director for Galina Bouquet, and also launched a line for Couture Bridal.  The dresses that I want to highlight today are from his own collection that can be seen over at JuddWaddell.com.

My favorite site, and every brides, TheKnot.com provided me with details and great photos to share.

The first dress is a strapless ball gown made of silk satin-faced organza and Alencon lace.  It has a sweetheart neckline and a deep navy blue sash around the waist.  Available in White or Ivory, this gown runs in the $5000 and up range!


My favorite things about this gown are the various lace accents.  The piece that cascades across the sash, the lace that highlights the bottom of the skirt and of course the bodice.  Another thing I love is the gathering of the skirt.  Its a striking gown, and paired with the gloves, its just beautiful.

This next dress is another strapless ball gown with a sweetheart neckline.  Made of Peau De Soie (a medium weight smooth, silky fabric with a satiny finish, also called Duchess Satin) and Alencon Lace, it is available in White, Champagne, and Cream.  It retails in the $3000 to $5000 range.


Again, I love the lace... but I also love that full skirt... the satin and beaded embellishment just under the bust adds a stunning look to an otherwise simple, yet elegant, gown.

A favorite design, as you know, this is a Judd Waddell one-shoulder gown!!  A sheath silhouette with an asymmetric waist, this gown is available in white or cream.   Made of Peau De Soie, Alencon Lace, and Tulle, it retails in the $3000 to $5000 range.



Love the lace one-shoulder... love the neckline, love the skirt!!! Just love, love, love!!! :-)

And last, but not least... FULL LACE BACK!!!! I have no idea what the front looks like... but I do love the back of this dress!!! A dropped waist made of all Peau De Soie, with a full lace back, this gown is available in White or Cream and retails in the $3000 to $5000 range.



I wish I had more information on this gown, and might make it a mission to find a picture of the front.  The light blue sash looks detachable, but I cant be sure.  That back is stunning though!!  If anyone finds more pictures of this gown, please let me know!!!

I FOUND IT!!!!! The FRONT!!!!


Here it is from the front... I LOVE IT!!! and yes, the sash is interchangeable!! As the one pictured is in cream! LOVE the straps... Love the lace on the bottom of the skirt... and I love the silhouette!! So glad I found it!!

Happy Wedding Dress Wednesday!!! :-) I hope you enjoyed, and I hope, like me, you live Happily Ever After!
Your Bizzy Bride!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, LOVE that last dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous blog! I am also looking for a beautiful bridal dress for myself. I am getting married this year in one of the prettiest wedding venues and everything right now seems so fast. I still have to book the photographer for a pre-wedding photo shoot and a video. Gosh! I am panicking now!

    ReplyDelete